Website Service Agreement FAQ
- What is a Website Service Agreement?
- What's in it for me?
- How does the Service Agreement work?
- How many Work Requests may I submit?
- How do I decide how many service hours I'll need each week/month?
- What sort of Work Requests are covered in a Website Service Agreement?
- What if I end up needing more coverage in a week/month than I've contracted for?
- What does a Website Service Agreement cost?
- I still have questions — how can I contact you?
A Website Service Agreement is a contract for service between JSWeb Ltd and your company. By purchasing a Website Service Agreement, you will be guaranteed access to our experienced staff of designers, programmers and technical consultants for an agreed-upon number of hours per month.
- You will be supplied with a local call rate telephone number to ensure priority response
- You pay a reduced hourly rate for our services
The monthly fee is a retainer; you are contracting for services to have our team of experts on hand for you at any time (during our normal business hours) you need to update or make changes to your website ( see What sort of Work Requests are covered in a Website Service Agreement? ). To access our staff, you simply submit a work order or "Work Request" via our on-line Project Management System where you will have your own private access - our team will begin working on the request shortly after we receive it.
You may submit as many requests as you would like, up to the maximum number of hours of coverage for which you have contracted.
This is really like asking "How long is a piece of string?" and
therefore we'd suggest that unless you already know from
experience how many hours, you start with our minimum level and
upgrade if it becomes apparent that it is insufficient for your
Our Website Service Agreement covers a wide variety of request types. The following are generally provided under the agreement:
- Upgrading to the current stable release of Zen Cart (NB. This averages at around a 10 hour task)
- Implementation of any patch releases by the Zen Cart
- PHP, HTML & CSS editing and programming (e.g.modifying the coding of your Zen Cart as required to achieve your needs, programming new functionality.)
- Development and programming of existing Zen Cart tools or
plugins created by JSWEb
- Third-party software integration (including setting up of
various Google tools)
- Design and production of Web graphics and banner ads
- Site integrity checking
- Technical consulting via telephone and/or email
- Tuition on Zencart matters and general website management of
ZenCart sites hosted by JSWeb
- Recurring production server administrative tasks
- Hosting service technical support
The following tasks are specifically not included:
- Non-ZenCart development tasks
- Modification/development of 3rd party modules
- Origination of content copy (editorial/copy writing)
- Product data entry
- Substantial redesign of existing site(s)
- New site design
- Active Flash-based functionality, navigation, application development or otherwise Flash Action Script-driven media design
- SEO, Pay Per Click campaigns and/or management
- The cost of any commercially produced plug-in as charged by the plug-in owner
From time to time Work Requests are going to fall in a "gray area". In such cases, requests will be considered on a case-by-basis, and we will make every effort to accommodate them and work with you to ensure your projects are handled quickly and appropriately.
Subject to JSWeb discretion, you may use all your hours at any
stage during the payment period, but unused hours for any month
may NOT be carried forward. The ONLY exception to this is that
work requests received during the final 5 working days of a
month may, at JSWeb's discretion, be carried over to the next
With our Service Agreement, you are entitled to purchase extra
hours of service, up to your currently contracted amount, at our
contracted rate (ie. if you are contracted for 5 hours per
month, you may purchase an additional 5). Should you find you
that you regularly exceed your contracted coverage, you will
likely be interested in changing the terms of your coverage to
include more hours per week/month.
Service Agreements are a 12 month contract and and offer a
reduced hourly rate for our service. Our regular rate is
£55/hr (ex tax).
Prices quoted are exclusive of tax and are in Sterling; fees
may be paid in other currencies at the exchange rate of the day.
|Payment options /Hours per
For more information please click here and select the Service Agreement option